Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Handmade gifts for nieces




I have a niece who turns one and another niece who turns 3 within a month of each other and they both came to our home for thanksgiving this year.  So, I made them their gifts.  The 1yo got this:
Pinned Image
source
I took one of the huggies wipes containers that has a soft opening - you know, one that wouldn't scratch the baby's hand, and filled it with one charm pack of fun kids fabric.  SUPER easy, and it was a mega hit.  She didn't stop playing with it the whole time she was here :)

For the 3yo, I combined these 2 projects from chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com

I made a ginormous set of bean bags - 2 of each letter.  That way she can spell with them, play memory games with them, do whatever.  She really enjoyed them, too.
It sure feels good to create for others.  But I'm gonna have to figure out how to do it on the cheap - buying supplies for these 2 projects got to be more than the average target gift run if you know what i mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment